ideas sleeping furiously

eccentric views about eccentric black metal

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tallinn, Estonia

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Champions of bad quality recordings

Antikriist - Goatfucking ritual (mp3)
Sometimes, during my constant search for obscure black metal groups, I have found those special bands, which make me wonder - how is it possible to get so unbelievably bad sound. Once I thought that Ildjarn is radically lo-fi. How naive of me. If there were a recording made with a really cheap kids cassette deck it would beat those bands any time.There must be some special tricks that they use in achieving such gut level.
Strange thing is that a lot of those bands like goats, in a very naughty way, of course. There are bands like Goat Vulva, Goat Penis, Goat Semen, Archgoat etc. When grind or death metal bands want to be really shocking, they fantasize about all kind of sadistic sexual perversions, so the black metal bands are fantasizing about zoophilia, especially goats.
Musically it's quite boring. I listen those bands the same way as I listen to industrial noise. There is no compositions worth mentioning, I'm not even talking about finding any melodies. So the only thing left are the frequencies. Listening this stuff is mostly about comparing different frequrncies.
This song of a Canadian one-man-band Antikriist (I guess it's the same guy who's behind Bakbakwalanooksiwae) is a little bit more interesting, than the rest of those one dimensional home recordings. It has a melody! A retardedly primitive one, but still a melody. The only thing recognizable in this song is some sort of bass or guitar line. I can't tell if there are any other instruments, because if there are, they are buried deep beneath that low rumbling sound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home