First we take Merzbow, then we take some folk...
Dead Raven Choir - First we take Manhattan (mp3)Dead Raven Choir on MySpace
Dead Raven Choir is an one-man-band of Smolken. He was born in Poland, now he lives and creates music in the US. I don't know if he has any black metal background, but all the rest of the music of Dead Raven Choir, except some mini-albums, are not black metal at all. It's some kind of depressive and eccentric singer/songwriter-type of folkmusic. Like a mixture of Nick Cave and Tower Recordings.
Of course,this Leonard Cohen cover here isn't ordinary black metal either. And for sure, it isn't a joke Guitars, grim voice, no percussion and huge amount of distortion. It's produced like the most cruel and infernal black noise. It's unlistenable! Even now when I'm posting it, I have to consider a long time, do I really have to suffer and listen it. Like before the visit to the dentist, I have to focus my thoughts on something beautiful and secure (that's in case you have rotten teeth and you are afraid of the dentist of course). But it's effective shock therapy. After listening this, it's really good to be in silence for some minutes and all the common background noises, like distant traffic, birds singing and kids playing in the backyard sound just beautiful.
Beware! Turn the volume down before the listening!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home